ECON-MPA Pre-enrollment Requirements
The following undergraduate courses are pre-enrollment requirements for the ECON-MPA and should be completed prior to applying for Graduate Select Admission (See the ECON-MPA FAQ for additional information about pre-enrollments):
- Calculus I and II (M 408K/L or M 408C/D or the equivalents)
- Introduction to Microeconomics and Macroeconomics (ECO 304K/L or the equivalents)
- Economic Statistics (ECO 329)
- Preferred - One or more of the following:
- Econometrics (ECO 341K)
- Microeconomic Theory (ECO 420K)
- Macroeconomic Theory (ECO 320L)
- Upper-Division Economics Elective (taken at UT-Austin)
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting (ACC 311 or the equivalent)
- Fundamentals of Managerial Accounting (ACC 312 or the equivalent)
ECON-MPA English Language Requirements
All international applicants must possess exceptional English skills to be considered for the ECON-MPA program. Official scores for either the Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS must be on your UT record prior to the application deadline unless you were allowed to waive the TOEFL or IELTS for admission to UT-Austin.
Our preferred minimum for the TOEFL is 105 overall, with a minimum of 24 for each individual section, or minimum band scores of 7.5 for the IELTS. If your previously-submitted test scores do not accurately reflect your current English proficiency, we strongly recommend that you retake the test and increase your scores.