A completed application consists of the following:
- All sections within online application filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score for all international applications
- Personal essays
- Two letters of recommendation
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
When applying to the Texas MSF, please be aware that:
- All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are unexpired. We cannot waive this requirement despite work experience. The GMAT code for MSF is now 396-44-78.
- All international students must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- All applicants must hold a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university or an equivalent three-year degree. The UT Graduate International and Admissions Center makes the decision if a specific three year degree is considered equivalent, but you can consult professional evaluation services
MSF Application Tips
Application for the MSF class of 2019 will open August 1, 2017.
Round 1: October 16, 2017
Round 2: January 8, 2018 (Final deadline for international applicants)
Round 3: March 19, 2018
Round 4: May 1, 2018
Admissions Decisions will be released within 6-8 weeks from the deadline to which you applied. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed until all required materials have been submitted.
Check Application Status
Our MSF applicant pool becomes more competitive each year. We will not review incomplete or late applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- Completion of a three-hour introductory statistics and economics course
The Texas MSF welcomes applicants with work experience, however no work experience is required to be accepted.
Take the Next Step
Take the next step toward your MSF degree:
Attend Our Open House!
Monday, November 6, 2017 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Meet the Program Director, speak with admissions, and attend a sample course to find out what the MSF program is all about. Breakfast and lunch served.
Register for Open House
Speak with an Advisor!
Office Hours: Wednesdays 2-4 pm or Thursdays 10 am - 12 pm
Upcoming Info Sessions:
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 | 5:15 pm | BRB 1.118
Monday, November 13, 2017 | 4:00 pm | CBA 3.202 (Live streaming available for this info session!)
Register for an Info Session
Can't make it campus or one of our live streams? Watch an archived info session!
Sign up for the Texas MSF Mailing List to receive upcoming info session times and other news!