A completed application consists of the following:
- All sections within online application filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score for all international applications
- Personal essays
- Two letters of recommendation
- One-minute video essay
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
When applying to the Texas MSF, please be aware that:
- All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are unexpired. We cannot waive this requirement despite work experience. The GMAT code for MSF is now 396-44-78.
- All international students must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- All applicants must hold a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university or an equivalent three-year degree. The UT Graduate International and Admissions Center (GIAC) makes the decision if a specific three year degree is considered equivalent. Please utilize the guide provided by UT GIAC as a guide.
For more information about degree requirements, policies, procedures, and being an MS Student in the McCombs School of Business, please review our 2020-2021 Student Handbook below.
Application FAQs Student Handbook
Applications for the Class of 2022 are now open!
Please see application deadlines below:
First Deadline: October 19, 2020
Second Deadline: January 11, 2021 (Final deadline for international applicants)
Third Deadline: March 15, 2021
Final Deadline: April 26, 2021
Extended Deadline: May 24, 2021
Courses for the Class of 2022 will begin in the summer of 2021. Applicants have the opportunity to apply to up to two Master of Science Programs for a single application fee.
Our MSF applicant pool becomes more competitive each year. We will not review incomplete or late applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- Completion of a three-hour introductory statistics and economics course
The Texas MSF welcomes applicants with work experience, however no work experience is required to be accepted.
Upcoming Info Sessions
We hold informational webinars throughout the year to answer your questions about life and the program and living in Austin. Join us for a virtual info session this spring!
March 29, 2021
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CT
April 5, 2021
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. CT
April 15, 2021
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. CT
April 20, 2021
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. CT