A completed application consists of the following:
- All sections within online application filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score for all international applications
- Personal essays
- Two letters of recommendation
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
When applying to the Texas MSF, please be aware that:
- All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are unexpired. We cannot waive this requirement despite work experience. The GMAT code for MSF is now 396-44-78.
- All international students must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- All applicants must hold a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university or an equivalent three-year degree. The UT Graduate International and Admissions Center makes the decision if a specific three year degree is considered equivalent, but you can consult professional evaluation services
Applications for the Class of 2021 are now open.
Please see application deadlines below:
First Deadline: October 21, 2019
Second Deadline: January 27, 2020 (Final deadline for international applicants)
Third Deadline: March 23, 2020
Final Deadline: May 4, 2020
Courses for the Class of 2021 will begin in the summer of 2020. Applicants have the opportunity to apply to more than one Master of Science Program for a single application fee.
Our MSF applicant pool becomes more competitive each year. We will not review incomplete or late applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- Completion of a three-hour introductory statistics and economics course
The Texas MSF welcomes applicants with work experience, however no work experience is required to be accepted.
Take the Next Step
Drop-in Hours: Tuesdays 3 pm - 4:30 pm or Wednesdays 10 am - 11 am
Email us to schedule an office visit during the summer term: TexasMSF@mccombs.utexas.edu
Thursday, February 13, 2020 | 5:30 PM | BRB 1.118
UT Freshman - Juniors! Come learn about our Bridge Program! Bridge Info Session: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 | 5:00 PM | CBA 3.202
Attend an Info Session
Stay up to date on upcoming info sessions by joining our general mailing list.
Can't make it to campus or one of our live streams? Watch an archived info session!