A completed application consists of the following:
- All sections within online application filled to entirety
- Official transcripts uploaded in PDF format
- GRE or GMAT scores
- TOEFL or IELTS score for all international applications
- Personal essays
- Two letters of recommendation
Additionally, if the admissions committee requires further information about a candidate, an interview may be required.
When applying to the Texas MSF, please be aware that:
- All applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are unexpired. We cannot waive this requirement despite work experience. The GMAT code for MSF is now 396-44-78.
- All international students must submit an official TOEFL or IELTS score
- All applicants must hold a four-year bachelor degree from an accredited university or an equivalent three-year degree. The UT Graduate International and Admissions Center (GIAC) makes the decision if a specific three year degree is considered equivalent. Please utilize the guide provided by UT GIAC as a guide.
Applications for the Class of 2021 are now closed.
Applications for the Class of 2022 will open on September 1, 2020.
Please see application deadlines below:
First Deadline: October 19, 2020
Second Deadline: January 11, 2021 (Final deadline for international applicants)
Third Deadline: March 15, 2021
Final Deadline: April 26, 2021
Courses for the Class of 2022 will begin in the summer of 2021. Applicants have the opportunity to apply to up to two Master of Science Programs for a single application fee.
Our MSF applicant pool becomes more competitive each year. We will not review incomplete or late applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Advanced communication skills and motivation
- Completion of a three-hour introductory statistics and economics course
The Texas MSF welcomes applicants with work experience, however no work experience is required to be accepted.
Take the Next Step
Drop-in Hours: Tuesdays 3 pm - 4:30 pm or Wednesdays 10 am - 11 am
Email us to schedule an office visit during the summer term: TexasMSF@mccombs.utexas.edu
Attend a Virtual Information Session:
Thursday, June 18, 2020 10:00 am CST
Monday, June 29, 2020 5:00 pm CST
Thursday, July 16, 2020 10:00 am CST
Monday, July 27, 2020 5:00 pm CST
Thursday, August 13, 2020 10:00 am CST
Monday, August 24, 2020 5:00 pm CST
Attend an Info Session
Stay up to date on upcoming info sessions by joining our general mailing list.
Can't make it to campus or one of our live streams? Watch an archived info session!