About Texas MSITM
Information technology now continually alters the experience of business; in fact, more than half of the top 25 highest paying jobs are now found within the information technology sector.
The Texas Master of Science in Information Technology and Management (MSITM)* responds to the need for talent with a 10 month, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) eligible degree to create business leaders in cognitive computing, advanced analytics, and emerging technologies.
MSITM is open to all undergraduate majors and no work experience is required to apply. We offer students small classes taught by top-ranked interdisciplinary faculty as well as hands-on experience working with real-world companies. As a MSITM student, you'll also have the benefit of McCombs Career Services, which offers one-on-one coaching to prepare you for a career following graduation.
*The MSITM Program is pending final approval by the University of Texas System
Admission to the full-time program is selective. We will not review incomplete applications. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- University coursework or professional experience in computer programming and database; major or minor in Computer Science or Management Information Systems is required (exceptions made on a case by case basis with evidence of programming and database experience)
- Strong communication skills and motivation
- Upper-division GPA of 3.0 or higher
- No work experience required, though students with work, leadership, and/or professional development experience are encouraged to apply
Applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview as part of the review process. Interviews may be conducted on the phone, through Skype, or in person, depending on the applicant's availability.
Applications for the MSITM class of 2019 are expected to open in Fall 2017. To find out when applications open and to hear about upcoming informational sessions regarding the program, please
Register with MSITM.