A NEW DEGREE FOR A WORLD TO COME
The Leadership in Global Sustainability Minor is a joint program of Texas McCombs and the Moody School of Communication. Learn to lead in a future that is still taking shape.
The Leadership in Global Sustainability minor is a new option for undergraduate students from The McCombs School of Business and The Moody College of Communication. The 17-hour minor launched in the Fall of 2022 and is for undergraduates across UT Austin. A competitive application cycle will be held each Fall for a Spring start to coursework and each Spring for a Fall start. Sophomores and juniors with at least three semesters left and who can fit in all coursework are eligible.To graduate from the program, students must:
- Complete 8 hours of core coursework (Global Business Sustainability, Communicating Sustainability, Current Issues in Global Sustainability, and a 1-hour practicum);
- Complete 9 hours of electives (see our information sheet for a listing: Minor Info Flyer);
- Maintain a 2.0 across the 17 hours of courses; and
- Take all courses on a letter-grade basis.
Students must apply for the program in their sophomore or junior year. Eligible students must show extracurricular excellence, submit a few short essays, and have at least a 2.0 GPA.
Applications to the Minor will be due on an ongoing basis by October 1 for the spring semester and by April 1 for the fall semester. For the upcoming Spring 2023 semester only, applications will have a primary due date of October 1, 2022 and a secondary due date of October 14, 2022. Please note that we have a GSLI application for the Minor in addition to the brief McCombs Minor application. You must fill out the GSLI application first.
To learn more about the Leadership in Global Sustainability Minor and its application process:
- Please view a recording of our recent Minor Info Session here.
- You can also view our Minor Information Slidedeck here.