Texas Executive Education FAQs
Get answers to any questions you have about Texas Executive Education.
What is Texas Executive Education? How is this program different from an executive MBA?
What sets Texas Executive Education apart from other professional development programs?
- World-class university faculty
- Networking opportunities
- Hands on learning experiences through a combination of lectures, cases, and real-world simulations
- Engaging discussions and lively debate
- Optimized learning facilities
- Leadership certificates
Texas Executive Education also offers Custom Programs for organizations. For more information about developing a Custom Program for your company, please contact us.
I'm looking for training for my team. Is Open Enrollment or a Custom Program right for me?
- Open Enrollment is a great option for any size team; however, teams greater than 10-15 may need to be split between multiple class sessions
- Custom Programs can be cost-effective for large teams
- Open Enrollment classes typically have attendees from a variety of industries, companies, and functional areas
- Custom Programs provide the opportunity for training tailored to your company
- Open Enrollment courses occur on the UT Austin campus, with space, food, and parking included
- Custom Programs can take place at any location, and pricing is dependent on a variety of factors, including space and food
To discuss both options, contact us.
Who typically attends Texas Executive Education classes?
Our courses offer great opportunities for networking! You can expect to meet the following participants in our Open Enrollment courses:
- Working professionals from a wide range of educational and industry backgrounds
- Non-managers looking to advance
- Incoming managers
- Mid-level managers
- Senior managers
- C-level executives
- Participants with a deep level of interest and engagement in the program
What is the application process?
How much do your courses cost?
- 2-day courses: $2,950
- 5-day courses: $6,600
What benefits do you offer to veterans and active military?
We offer a 30% discount on to all veterans and active military for all Open Enrollment courses. Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to accept the GI Bill or other related military education funds.
Are there opportunities for financial aid?
Will I receive university credit for completing courses and certificates?
- Award both Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Continuing Professional Education credit (CPE)
- Cannot be applied for credit toward any graduate degree
- Can be added to a transcript for university credit (through UT Austin University Extension) for an additional fee of $350
Contact us for more details
Which certificate or course is right for me?
What do I need to know before attending a class in person?
- Dress code is business casual
- Room temperature can vary, so bring a light sweater or jacket
- Breakfast and lunch are provided
- We validate parking at both the Rowling Hall garage and the AT&T Conference Center and Hotel garage
- If you're coming from out of town, we can recommend several hotels in the area:
- AT&T Conference Center and Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn
- The Moxy
- The Otis/AC Hotels
- * Rooms at the above hotels are often available to class participants for discounted rates
How many participants typically attend a class?
We typically see 10-35 participants in a class.
I'm interested in online courses. What are my options?
I registered for class but can no longer attend. What are my options?
- You can transfer your registration to future dates for the same course
- You can transfer your registration to a different course
- You can cancel your registration
- If your company is paying your registration, they can send one of your colleagues in your place
- More than 3 weeks before class, there is no charge to cancel or transfer
- Within 3 weeks of class, the following fees can be assessed for transferring:
- $500 transfer fee for 5-day course
- $200 transfer fee for 2-day course
- For cancellations:
- More than 3 weeks before class: 100% refund
- 3 weeks to at least 24 hours before class: 50% refund
- Less than 24 hours before class: no refund
How much do Custom Programs cost?
Custom Program prices vary depending on factors like location and length. We would be happy to provide you with a quote based upon your needs. Contact us for more details.
What topics are available?
We are happy to work with you to accommodate your needs and interests. For an idea of possible topics, please download our Custom Programs brochure. Contact us for more details.
What faculty will teach my Custom Program?
We'll put together a proposal for you, complete with suggested faculty members. You're welcome to explore our faculty directory and let us know if you have any requests. Contact us for details and to request a proposal.
How long does it take you to develop a Custom Program?
Depending on the complexity and the scope of the program, development can take up to 8 weeks. Whatever your timing needs, give us a call – we’ll do everything we can to accommodate you.
Is Great Learning connected with the University of Texas at Austin?
I need to talk to someone about a question or concern I have with Great Learning. Who can I contact?
My employer needs enrollment verification. Who can they contact?
I want to speak with someone at UT/McCombs School of Business about this program. Who can I contact?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and concerns.