And now for something entirely different.
By building a relationship with your organization, Texas Executive Education crafts programs tailored to your company’s specific objectives and goals. Through careful listening and a collaborative partnership, we create a curriculum that provides the opportunity for your company’s key members to gain critical knowledge and expertise to impart lasting change to your organization.
The program that was developed for our group represents ‘collaboration at its best.” It has provided our team leaders a powerful forum for team building, the development of effective leadership skills, the identification of synergies and opportunities across our diverse groups, and the foundation for a common management style. In essence, this program is laying the groundwork for BBVA Team Leaders as they work to effectively manage change and build a unified and strong franchise here in the U.S.
-José María García Meyer
General Manager of BBVA USA
Chairman of Compass Bank
Custom Programs at Texas Executive Education offer a one-of-a-kind learning experience tailored specifically to your organization. With a curriculum based on providing solutions to meet your objectives and goals, a Custom Program can expand the perspectives and potential of executives, managers, professionals and their teams through an immersive and dynamic environment.
Situational, interactive learning cross-functions as education and team building. Our faculty and staff develops a schedule of classes and activities designed to function as a logical progression throughout the program to maximize your time and experience. These programs are not off the shelf--they are developed specifically for your organization, with relevant real-world examples paired alongside cutting-edge research from faculty at The University of Texas at Austin.
More than lectures, a different kind of learning:
Case Analysis and Discussion
Support via Distance and e-learning Environments
For more than 10 years, the McCombs School of Business has demonstrated success in working in our corporate culture. The professors have a tremendous ability to translate theoretical concepts into real-world applications.
Manager of Professional Development, Texas Instruments
Selected from the top tier of The University of Texas’ professors, the Texas Executive Education faculty represents some of the highest-impact educators in the world. Not only do they have years of academic research experience and a berth of knowledge in the corporate world, but they are also vetted as teachers, specifically for executives. They convey information tailored to your program in a personal, engaging and interactive way that changes perspectives and stimulates learning growth.
We start by listening and collaborating with you to pinpoint your critical issues and challenges, and from there our knowledgeable staff, world-renowned faculty and industry leaders develop and implement a program to provide research-backed, applicable solutions that work in your particular environment and company culture. The all-inclusive curriculum allows you to have a direct say in which classes you want, which professors you prefer, what team-building activities you would like, and more.
- Identify Gaps and Opportunities
- We begin by listening to determine what you want and need. Whether you come to us with a plan for curriculum already in mind, or need us to develop one from scratch, we collaborate with senior leaders to understand the situation as it stands from someone on the inside. We can also perform a competency assessment on your target group to pinpoint the issues and gaps within your organization in order to draft a program to address those specific needs.
- Build a Custom Curriculum
- The Texas Executive Education faculty and staff work with key members of your organization to craft a proposal for a curriculum that works to solve specific issues or achieve identifiable objectives. With the breadth of faculty at our disposal at The University of Texas at Austin, no subject matter is out of our reach and we will work with you to imagine the range of possibilities and determine the best course of action for your organization.
- Collaborate as Partners
- Collaboration continues after the initial development of the proposed curriculum to fine-tune the best possible program for your organization. We respond to your feedback and input at every stage of the process.
- Follow up on Results
- Post-program assessments ensure that a high impact was made through the Custom Program curriculum. By examining the results of the program through evaluations of classes and professors, plus additional surveys of the participants and supervisors post-program, we measure the lasting effect of lessons learned and how they are being applied.
In addition, Texas Executive Education can continue to support your organization in a variety of capacities, through coaching, Open Enrollment classes, or ongoing Custom Programs. In-depth analysis allows for adjustments to the program for successive groups, leading to even greater change as your relationship continues with Texas Executive Education.
Completely customizable by nature, no two Custom Programs are exactly alike. Past programs have featured a wide range of subjects and experiences, from lecture and discussion, to interactive simulation and highly theatrical role playing. We stretch the possibilities available for your organization, and have nearly limitless capabilities to create a program that has the ideal blend of conventional and unconventional learning experiences to produce tangible results.
- Lessons from Lady Bird Lake
- This short leadership class for senior executives focuses on lessons in listening, cooperating and recognizing biases, while taking you out of the classroom for an unforgettable high-involvement learning experience with The University of Texas crew team.
Because crewing requires a high attention to synchronization, balance, and trust, this hands-on activity is an engaging way for you and your team to experience the importance of communication, collaboration and trust - forcing you to work together in a way that isn’t often experienced within the workplace. After the race, you’ll attend a debriefing session to take the lessons learned from the experience and apply them to practical leadership skills for your organization.
- Case Study: Learning to Operate Internationally
- One of the largest companies in Korea, SK Holdings operates in the telecommunications, oil and gas, and banking sectors. When SK began making international mergers and acquisitions in Latin America, the organization’s senior leadership recognized the need for their executives to gain knowledge and experience with business cultures beyond their own.
Working in partnership with SK, Texas Executive Education developed an extensive, twelve week-long Custom Program to introduce their executives to the cultures and customs of the U.S. and Latin America.
The program took the team to Sao Paulo, Lima and Santiago; and, in partnership with universities and faculty there, the SK Korea executives took classes on language, business and culture, straight from the source. They also met with business leaders and conducted research in each location.
Upon their return to Texas Executive Education’s location in the US, the executives participated in an intensive workshop using the knowledge they gathered in Latin America to create a business plan for what business they planned to acquire, where they planned to take it, and how.
Let's Get Started
To get started on your Custom Program exploration, please contact our Director of Custom Programs, Nancy Nagle.
Director, Custom Programs
Contact by E-mail