The comprehensive cohort-based Executive MBA curriculum places an emphasis on leadership, strategy, and analytics. Learn more below.
World Class EducationYour journey through the Texas McCombs Executive MBA Program has been carefully designed to empower you with the business knowledge and modern research you’ll need to maximize your impact as a leader. Courses are taught by world-renowned faculty, and the curriculum is designed specifically for executives, with a focus on leadership, strategy, and analytics. Open the door to endless opportunities.
Curriculum by Term
Learn about the curriculum throughout each semester of the Executive MBA program.
Executive MBA Immersions
Your time in the program includes seven Executive MBA Immersions that build a strong sense of community among the cohort.
- Beginning of Year 1: 5-day Orienation Immersion on campus in Austin, Texas
- Year 1, Fall Semester: 3-day Immersion class weekend in New York, NY
- Year 1, Spring Semester: 3-day Immersion class weekend in Dallas, Texas
- Summer: 6-day Global Immersion
- Beginning of Year 2: 4-day Immersion on campus in Austin, Texas
- Year 2, Fall Semester: 3-day Immersion class weekend in Washington, D.C.
- Year 2, Spring Semester: 3-day Immersion class weekend/Executive Retreat in Austin, Texas
The Immersions outside of Austin will be focused on experiential learning and will align with coursework for the semester. The Immersions will include course content delivery, along with a mix of company visits, executive speakers, alumni engagement, project-based exercises, networking events, and cultural experiences depending on the location.
Year One - Fall Semester
"Language of Business" - Your first semester in the Texas McCombs Executive MBA program will introduce you to the first set of courses that will, semester-by-semester, transform you from savvy business professional to sought after business-executive.
- Financial Reporting for Executives
- Statistics for Executives
- Financial Management Concepts & Applications for Executives
- Organizational Behavior for Executives
- Executive Seminar
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in New York, NY
Year One - Spring Semester
"Leading in a New Economy" - By now you know the ropes. You're comfortable with the schedule and pace. You're managing your MBA journey, which is why it's the perfect time to dig into advanced management studies.
- Business Analytics & Decision Modeling for Executives
- Valuation for Executives
- Foundations of Strategy for Executives
- Supply Chain Management for Executives
- Strategic Human Capital
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in Dallas, Texas
"Global Leadership" - The summer builds on the momentum from your first year. You'll focus on global business through dedicated coursework and a Global Immersion study tour with your Executive MBA classmates led by McCombs faculty.
- Global Economics
- Executive MBA Elective #1 (first of four elective courses you'll take in the program)
- Global Practicum course and 6-day Global Immersion trip
Year Two - Fall Semester
"Leading at the Policy Level" - You'll kick off your second year in the Executive MBA program by participating in a 4-day Immersion in Austin. Then your semester classes begin and your studies grow even more advanced as you layer additional knowledge and research on your already robust business expertise.
- Marketing Management for Executives
- Financial Statement Analysis for Executives
- Strategic Marketing for Executives
- Executive MBA Elective #2 (second of four elective courses you'll take in the program)
- Managing Legal & Regulatory Risk for Executives
- 3-day Immersion class weekend in Washington, D.C.
Year Two - Spring Semester
"Executive Visioning" - Your final semester is one of reflection and exciting new opportunity.
- 3-day Immersion class weekend/Executive Retreat
- Corporate Strategy for Executives
- Executive MBA Elective #3 (third of four elective courses you'll take in the program)
- Executive MBA Elective #4 (fourth of four elective courses you'll take in the program)
- Leading for Impact Capstone
Experiential OpportunitiesThe classroom is only one of the many venues in which you will find yourself learning, growing, and applying your skills. As a Texas McCombs MBA, you will have access to hands-on client-based projects, exclusive events and speakers, coaching and training, EMBA Immersion trips outside of Austin, and a multitude of other opportunities for gaining insight, honing expertise, and building your network.
Rowling HallEMBA classes take place at Rowling Hall on the UT-Austin campus—the home of the Texas McCombs MBA. Opened in 2018, this state-of- the-art facility, located near the heart of the campus and a mere five-minute walk from downtown Austin, is designed with your education in mind. Classrooms, meeting rooms, presentation spaces, career management offices, technology labs—all in one beautiful building.
UT AustinThe University of Texas at Austin is one of the world’s leading research universities, supporting cutting-edge research in all disciplines and offering more than 200 dedicated research units and centers. Since 1883, students from around the world have come to UT Austin to seek challenges and transform lives. Join a community of Longhorns who are proud, ambitious, and determined to change the world.
Life in AustinThere is no better place to earn your MBA than Austin, Texas. Consistently named one of the best cities in the U.S. for innovation, entrepreneurship, startups, job growth, real estate, and livability, Austin is a laboratory for leading-edge business innovation. It has fast become a global capital for technology—and a can’t-miss hub of arts and culture. Austin will be your home, your classroom, and your inspiration.
The Executive MBA program meets in-person for one class weekend each month (Thursday - Saturday). Classes are held at Robert B. Rowling Hall on The University of Texas at Austin campus, with the exception of the Executive MBA immersions held outside of Austin.
Sign Up for MBA News
Join our mailing list to receive information about the program, application updates, and event invitations.