Integrated MPA Admissions
Check out how YOU can earn both a bachelor's and master's in accounting in just five years.
Become a Part of the MPA HerdYou're already a Longhorn, and we want you to join the MPA family. The iMPA application for fall 2023 admissions opens on April 1, 2023. Applications for the integrated Master in Professional Accounting (iMPA) program are accepted for the fall semester only.
FALL 2023 APPLICATION DEADLINES
Application Opens: April 1, 2023
Round 1-Priority: June 1, 2023
Round 2-Final: July 24, 2023
We encourage you apply early. Depending on the applicant pool, priority in admissions decisions may be given to those who apply by the Round 1 deadline.
STEPS TO APPLY
Think iMPA might be right for you? Here are the steps Texas McCombs students must complete this spring to apply to this unique BBA and MPA program.
iMPA PRE-ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Meet the iMPA acceptance criteria and take all of the prerequisite classes.
- Preregister in the spring for a full load of fall semester classes. You will add iMPA-specific accounting classes during a regular add/drop period in the summer if you are admitted to the program.
MPA ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
All international applicants must possess exceptional English skills to be considered for the iMPA program. Official scores for either the Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS must be on your UT record prior to the application deadline unless you were allowed to waive the TOEFL or IELTS for admission to UT Austin.
Our preferred minimum for the TOEFL is 105 overall, with a minimum of 24 for each individual section, or minimum band scores of 7.5 for the IELTS. If your previously-submitted test scores do not accurately reflect your current English proficiency, we strongly recommend that you retake the test and increase your scores.
Read the instructions in the iMPA admissions packet carefully before starting your application. Complete and submit your application by June 1, 2023 to be considered in the first round of admissions decisions and by July 24, 2023 for the second round of decisions.
- Recommendation letters and essays are not required.
- Spring grades will be considered when reviewing your application, but you can submit your application before these grades are available.
- If you are taking prerequisite courses in the summer, indicate in the application where you plan to take the courses. All prerequisites must be completed before the fall semester begins.
- Admissions decisions are typically released in the last week of June (round 1) or in early August (round 2).