GMAT and GRE Scores Now Optional – Start Your Application Today | Learn More >>
Check out our admissions process to make your application as strong as possible for our competitive 10-month master’s in business analytics.
Apply Yourself at McCombs
The MSBA Class of 2025 application is open! Application deadlines below.
Round 1 Deadline: October 11, 2023
Round 2 Deadline: January 10, 2024*
Round 3 Deadline: March 6, 2024
Round 4 Deadline: May 1, 2024
*The deadline to apply for international applicants has passed.
Getting StartedReview program prerequisites and suggested skillset to determine if you're on the right path for the MSBA degree: - Program requirements - Program recommendations
Calling all UT StudentsOur bridge program is designed to ensure a seamless transition from undergraduate studies to a variety of specialized master's graduate programs offered through the McCombs School of Business. Apply when you’re a junior and launch your career with a master’s – just one year after your senior year. Open to all UT Austin undergraduate majors and zero work experience required.
For Our International StudentsInternational students in F-1 immigration status who complete Texas McCombs MSF, a STEM-eligible degree program, may qualify for an additional 24-month extension of STEM Optional Practical Training work authorization, following the initial 12-month period of OPT.
MSBA Program Readiness
Before starting your application, check out the MSBA program prerequisites to ensure you're prepared for the graduate program.
MSBA Program Prerequisites
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with exposure to quantitative coursework related to at least 1 semester of Calculus and 1 semester of Statistics is required.
- University coursework or professional experience in computer programming is required
- Knowledge of C,C++, Python, or Java (with focus on object-oriented programming and data structures) is preferred.
- Those admitted to the program are strongly encouraged to learn Python prior to beginning the program.
MSBA Program Preparation
For the MSBA program, the below are suggested to applicants.
- Coursework in Linear Algebra is strongly recommended.
- Helpful, but not sufficient for success in the program include: R, SQL, HTML, anything else that is not Python, C, C++, or Java
Want more information about degree requirements, policies, or procedures?
SIGN UP FOR MORE INFORMATION
Receive program news and event information from the Master of Science in Business Analytics program.