Your future is our priority
Health Informatics and Information Technology (HIHIT) is a national priority and among the fastest growing occupations within healthcare. The HIHIT Professional Education Program is a nationally-recognized program that offers certification in this quickly expanding field. As part of this program, you will study:
- health informatics and healthcare analytics
- Health IT
- project management
- process redesign and quality improvement
- healthcare policy
- revenue cycle management
- population health
- value-based care
You will have the opportunity for hands-on learning with current electronic health record software systems, utilize a working health information exchange (HIE), and learn to analyze and visualize healthcare data using SQL and Tableau in a technology-rich facility that includes a classroom and mock clinic modeling the healthcare continuum of care.
You will carry out a research project and gain real-world experience through a two-week practicum, and receive professional development assistance and job search support. To date, the HIHIT Professional Education Program has educated more than 1,200 post-baccalaureate students. Program graduates have gone on to work with 143 employers nationwide; 96% of graduates seeking Health IT jobs have secured positions within one year.
Who should apply:
- You have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any 4-year university.
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75
- You have good communication and social skills
- You are highly motivated
- You are seeking an exciting career in the Health IT field
The Summer 2018 enrollment period is now open. The summer program will run from Monday, May 29th to Friday, July 27th.
Want to take part in an information session? Information sessions will be held:
- Thursday, May 17th, 12:30pm, in GSB 5.140
- Wednesday, May 23rd, 4:00pm, in GSB 5.137
- Thursday, May 24th, 12:30pm, in GSB 5.140
If you cannot make one of the dates above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternate time, in person or virtually.