Information Technology and Management at the University of Texas
Information technology now continually alters the experience of business, social, and even physical interactions worldwide. Big Data and the Internet of Things are no longer catch-phrases but real-world trends that impact multi-trillion dollar transactions. The job market reflects the pressing need for adaptive skillsets required to respond to developments in information systems. Unemployment rates in the IT industry are at historic lows, and more than half of the top 25 highest paying jobs are found within the information technology sector.
The Texas Master of Science in Information Technology and Management responds to the need for talent with a 10 month, STEM designated degree that creates business leaders prepared for disruptive innovations due to emerging technologies, such as deep learning and blockchain. The MSITM program offers:
- Hands-on experience working with real-world businesses providing solutions to issues at the forefront of information technologies
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) certification from one of the nation's top business schools and information systems programs
- Top-ranked faculty leading small classes
- Curriculum pathway options, such as the opportunity to specialize in Blockchain & FinTech and Cybersecurity
- One-on-one career coaching, including career search tips, mock interviews, and industry visits, to prepare for a career following graduation
No work experience is required for applicants, and the program is open to all undergraduate majors. Applicants will be required to demonstrate quantitative aptitude, and programming and database experience. Management Information Systems and Computer Science backgrounds offer good preparation for the program.
MSITM Academics MSITM Admissions Download the MSITM Overview
Take the Next Step
Drop-In Hours: Spring 2020
Wednesdays 11 am - 1 pm
If you would like to schedule an alternate office visit, please contact us at TexasMSITM@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Upcoming Info Sessions
Tuesday, February 18, 2020 | 5:30 PM | BRB 1.118
Wednesday, March 25, 2020 | 9:30 AM | CBA 2.502 Big Bend Conference Room
UT Freshman - Juniors! Come learn about our Bridge Program! Bridge Info Session: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 | 5:00 PM | CBA 3.202
Attend an Info Session
Can't make it to an info session? Watch an archived version at this link. Stay up to date on upcoming info sessions by joining our general mailing list. Can't make it to campus? You can also watch an archived info session at this link.