Principles of Business Valuation
Application of Finance Fundamentals to the Valuation of Projects and Firms
ESTIMATE ENTERPRISE VALUES & INVESTMENTSDevelop skills to understand how projects and companies are valued, beginning with an overview of valuation techniques, including intrinsic value and market value approaches. Learn the discounted cash flow method. Discuss methods for estimating a firm’s weighted cost of capital, the effect of leverage (debt) on the firm’s cost of equity, and the valuation efforts of a firm’s capital structure.
There are no sessions scheduled at this time. For more information about the next class date, please contact us at email@example.com or 512-471-5893.
What You'll Learn
- Learn the discounted cash flow method (DCF), the most widely used intrinsic valuation method
- Learn methods for modeling the effects of varying material inputs of the DCF model
- Gain hands-on experience gilding financial models that can be applied practically in the workplace
Valuing E&P Properties Today
- Risk Analysis and Simulation: Estimate the appropriate cost of capital for valuing projects that have different risks
- Carry out sensitivity analysis of valuation projects including break-even sensitivity analysis and simulation
- Understand the use of relative valuation multiples (e.g., EV/EBITDA, P/E) and work through an example on the use of valuation multiples in determining firm value
- Learn real option analysis
- Build financial models in excel, and learn through practical application
Private Equity Interest in Energy
Develop an understanding of the value creation potential hidden in your firm that could make it attractive to private equity investors
Attending this Course
IndividualsThis course is appropriate for professionals or investors who work in any part of the energy industry.
TeamsOrganizations often send pairs or small teams, to support the launch of new initiatives.
Requirements & CreditThere are no prerequisites for this course. Participants earn .70 CEUs for this course, as well as a certificate of completion. Our classes are available for university credit. Please contact us for more information.
GET THE BROCHURE
Learn more about our Energy course offerings.
Great information. Dr. Hahn was very engaging and very knowledgeable on all subject matter. I'll be back. Well done!
Joe HahnJoe Hahn is a Clinical Associate Professor of Finance and Associate Director of the Master of Science in Finance Program in the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.
Demonstrate Your Expertise with a Certificate
Reimbursement OptionsLearn more about course credits and options for course reimbursement. Get tips on the best way to approach your manager and download a customizable template to facilitate making the ask.
Course LocationIn person courses take place at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center and adjoining Rowling Hall on the UT campus in Austin. These world-class facilities provide a comfortable and convenient learning environment, with direct access to the 40 acres of campus and within walking distance of downtown Austin. Live online and on-demand course options are available for many courses.