February 3, 2023 | Live Online | $1,395
DEVELOP UNDERSTANDING OF ENERGY MARKETSThis class focuses on energy-related derivatives and different derivative products and how to apply them. You'll leave with an understanding of energy markets and how to measure and manage the financial risks created by volatile energy prices. Gain an in-depth understanding of energy finance by addressing three areas within an energy context: pricing, asset valuation, and risk management.
Enroll in Energy Finance
What You'll Learn
Develop an understanding of how to model and forecast energy and forward/futures prices by placing energy markets in the context of global financial markets, and analyzing their subsequent reactions.
- Understand international financial markets
- The current state of equity and commodity markets
Structuring Derivative Products in Energy Markets
- Learn the different derivative products and learn how to apply them in the energy markets
- Measure the uncertainty of equity, credit and commodity markets
- Value-at-risk in the energy industry
Volatility and Correlation
- Use financial models to analyze and forecast energy prices and volatility
- Understand the risk of and return from futures and options contracts on energy commodities
- Apply option and valuation techniques to the energy markets
- Understand and use derivative products to mitigate energy price risk
- Utilize real options theory to value energy assets
Forward/Futures Prices and Swap Prices
- Use information from futures/option prices to determine optimal production decisions and timing for extraction
- Introduction to options
Well done, great and knowledgeable presenter.
Ehud RonnDr. Ronn obtained his PhD in Finance from Stanford University. He has published articles on investments, interest-rate instruments and energy derivatives in the academic and practitioner literature.
Demonstrate Your Expertise with a Certificate
Reimbursement OptionsLearn more about course credits and options for course reimbursement. Get tips on the best way to approach your manager and download a customizable template to facilitate making the ask.
Course LocationIn person courses take place at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center and adjoining Rowling Hall on the UT campus in Austin. These world-class facilities provide a comfortable and convenient learning environment, with direct access to the 40 acres of campus and within walking distance of downtown Austin. Live online and on-demand course options are available for many courses.
GET THE BROCHURE
Learn more about our Energy course offerings.