Computer Services offers a variety of support for McCombs students, faculty and staff. This page provides some general information about our support providers.
Technical Support for Faculty & Staff
Hours: M-F, 8-5
Location: CBA 1.324
Contact: TechSupport@mccombs.utexas.edu, 232-6617
Who We Are
Paul Bartel, Luis Cardenas, Dipto Chaudhuri, and David Newsom are the user support staff for the McCombs School of Business. Our mission is to provide hardware, software and network support for the computers used by faculty and staff of the McCombs School of Business.We install and upgrade computers and peripherals.
- We install and maintain physical connections to the various networks throughout the college.
- We troubleshoot computer hardware problems and physical network problems.
- We repair or replace faulty computer devices and components or provide assistance in seeking repair outside the college.
- We provide advice on the purchase of new computer hardware.
- We troubleshoot problems with operating systems and applications.
Please note that we will provide computer advice to faculty and staff whenever possible, but we can only perform work on computer equipment that is owned by the University of Texas.
Technical Support for Students
McCombs Service Desk (SWAT Shop)
Hours: M–F 8:00am–5:00pm when classes are in session
Location: CBA 1.328
Contact: Submit a ticket online, 232-6616
About: The trained student staff at the McCombs Service Desk provide support services for McCombs students with notebook computers.
The Service Desk CAN:
- Assist students in the configuration of software necessary for McCombs courses, as listed in the Common Operating Environment
- Perform basic hardware and software troubleshooting for student computers
- Perform basic troubleshooting for UT ITS managed services, including UTPrint and the restricted wireless network
- Repair or replace failed hardware components for university-owned systems
- Reconfigure software or re-install the software image for university-owned systems
- Update drivers and service packs
The Service Desk CANNOT:
- Back up your files. ONLY YOU are responsible for your files
- Lend Hot Swaps for forgotten or lost computers
- Sell components or software
- Lend out computers or components as needed to students while their computers are being repaired
- Perform hardware repair for non university-owned systems