On-Campus and Field Research Current Status
The McCombs School of Business is following guidance by the Vice President for Research (VPR) for on-campus research that has been restricted due to COVID. The VPR’s Research Restart policy primarily applies to research which requires researchers to be onsite in a lab or field setting for human subjects and other research or access a shared use facility (e.g., secure database and computational facilities). As of July 5, 2021, UT moved to Research Level 0.
Important aspects of Research Level 0:
- For contract tracing purposes, all research must be vigilant and continue to maintain room and lab sign-in sheets, either digital or printed, of all interactions by researchers and participants.
- All human subject research participants must complete COVID pre-screening form and COVID participant consent form.
- No workforce density restrictions.
- Researchers are no longer required to submit a research restart application but must submit contract tracing logs.
- Follow university safety and mask guidelines with masks highly recommended.
- Follow campus meeting and event guidelines.
Notify the Occupational Health Program (OHP) if you or someone on your research team has symptoms of COVID-19 or is tested for COVID-19. Students who test positive should contact BCCAL or self-report (if tested off campus) to University Health Services.
Below is general information on Research Restart related to Research Levels 1-5.