GMAT and GRE Scores Now Optional – Application Now Open | Learn More >>
The MSF Application is Open!
Confidently apply financial analysis skills to tackle real-world problems by joining the MSF program! Apply by 11:59 p.m. CT to be considered in each round.
Oct 11, 2023
Jan 10, 2024
Mar 6, 2024
- May 1, 2024
Please review the dates and deadlines below to ensure your application is reviewed. Texas McCombs MS Programs have four rounds of decisions. We encourage you to apply as early as you are able, as later rounds are filled on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
|Round 1||Round 2*||Round 3||Round 4|
|Step 1 Due||October 11, 2023||January 10, 2024||March 6, 2024||May 1, 2024|
|Step 2-4 Due||October 21, 2023||January 20, 2024||March 16, 2024||May 11, 2024|
*Final Deadline for International Students
Step 1: Complete the McCombs Application
After reading through the information regarding the McCombs application for admission, start your application here.
Review Program Readiness
To ensure you have the required background and suggested coursework, view the MSF program readiness section.
Personal & Family Information
- Please make sure you use an email and mailing address that you will be able to access throughout the entire admissions process. Some university email addresses expire, and you may miss important communications.
- Information on your family's education background will be used for some scholarship considerations.
Not applicable to UT Austin MS Bridge Students
- GRE/GMAT scores are optional for all applicants. If you choose to self-report GRE/GMAT scores, you must upload a copy of your official score report.
- If you have questions about whether or not to submit GRE or GMAT scores as a part of our application portfolio, check out our blog!
- International students must submit an official score report of TOEFL or IELTS demonstrating an adequate knowledge of English, however exceptions apply. View exceptions and more information here.
- You will be required to list your high school along with all higher education institutions attended.
- Please be prepared to upload individual transcripts from all undergraduate institutions attended (unless you have a transcript that lists all institutions attended).
- The admissions committee reviews transcripts to ensure students meet the technical, quantitative, and qualitative coursework required by all programs. However, some university course titles are not immediately recognizable as such. As coursework titles vary from institution to institution, this section will help the admissions committee to better understand the coursework on your transcript.
- Example: A course titled “Modern Mathematics” is not immediately recognizable as linear algebra or calculus.
Here, we ask for you to list post-baccalaureate full-time employers, including service in the armed forces. If you are a current undergraduate student, please list any relevant internships.
MSF Application Essay Questions
Each program requires multiple written essays to gauge your interest and abilities for admission. Below are the MSF program-specific essay questions.
- How have your personal, academic, and professional experiences led you to pursue a MSF at this time? Please discuss both your short- and long-term career goals, including your vision of your post-graduation employment, and describe how MSF will help you meet those goals (maximum 500 words).
- Optional additional essay: Please provide any additional information that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that the Admissions Committee may encounter when considering your application (optional)
Letters of Recommendation
Each program requires multiple letters of recommendation. The MSF program requires two (2) letters.
- Letters should come from either professors or professionals with whom you have worked.
- One (1) letter should come from a professor or academic connection at minimum.
- If you have completed your undergraduate degree more than three years ago, it may be appropriate to have your letters come exclusively from professional recommendations. Reach out to our admissions team if you have questions.
Please do not submit personal/family recommendations.
Questions on Step 1?
Questions on any items in Step 1, contact TexasMSF@mccombs.utexas.edu
Step 2: Complete Graduate School Checklist
Complete your UT Austin Graduate School checklist for admission through the MyStatus webpage.
Pay Required Fee
- Your application fee invoice will be available 1 to 3 business days after application submission; please plan accordingly.
- The application fee is $65 for domestic applicants and $90 for international applicants.
- MS Programs does not manage fee waivers or eligibility; that is through our Office of Graduate Admissions. Please visit here for information on fee waivers.
- GRE/GMAT scores are optional, but if you choose to submit a GRE or GMAT score, you must request that the official scores be sent to UT Austin.
- UT Austin’s institutional code for the GRE is 6882. We do not require you to enter a department code when reporting your score. You may enter any department code in your score request, as all scores will route through to the Graduate School.
- UT Austin’s institutional codes for the GMAT are:
- MSBA: 396-44-73
- MSF: 396-44-78
- MSITM: 396-44-30
- MSM: 396-44-93
- TOEFL/IELTS is required of all international students; however, exceptions apply. View exceptions and more information here. To report TOEFL scores, the institutional code for UT Austin is 6882. There is no institutional code for the IELTS examination. To fulfill the requirement with scores from the IELTS, please use the IELTS electronic score delivery service to send your scores to the “University of Texas at Austin” account.
- Provide an official transcript from every institution that awards 4-year degrees you have attended. Even if courses taken at one institution are recorded on another college's transcript, transcripts must be submitted from the institution at which the courses were taken. Failure to list all colleges on the application and provide those transcripts will be considered an intentional omission and may lead to the cancellation of your application for admission or withdrawal of your offer of admission. If your transcripts are in a foreign language, they must be translated into English.
- If you are a current student or graduate of UT Austin, please do not upload your UT Austin transcript in MyStatus. Instead, the Graduate School will charge you a $20 UT transcript fee and will access your transcript. If you attended any other institutions before or after UT Austin, you will still be required to upload those official transcripts.
Questions on Step 2?
For questions or assistance on any items in Step 2, contact the UT Austin graduate school directly at: https://gradschool.utexas.edu/admissions/contact
* Step 2 is Not Applicable to UT Austin MS Bridge Undergraduate Students
Step 3: Complete Video Assessment
Applicants will need to complete a Texas McCombs MS Video Assessment through the Kira Talent platform.
Invitation to McCombs MS Video Assessment
Applicants will be sent a link within 24 hours of paying the application fee. The video assessment will be run through Kira Talent’s platform.
UT Austin MS Bridge Applicants will receive an invitation after applying.
McCombs MS Video Assessment Details
- All applicants will have 7 days to complete the assessment upon receiving access to the video submission platform. The number of questions asked depends on the program(s) you applied to and will take no more than 30 minutes to complete. Applicants will be allowed to practice before submitting their video assessment and will have 1-2 minutes to answer each prompt.
- If you are applying to more than one Master of Science program, you must complete a video assessment for each program.
- For more information on the video assessment, check out our blog!
Questions on Step 3?
Questions on any items in Step 3, contact TexasMSF@mccombs.utexas.edu
Step 4: Monitor Your Application Status
After completing steps 1 - 3, applicants can monitor their status for admission online.
What to Expect from McCombs
How You’ll Hear from McCombs
- Link to MyStatus/Email Language
- Link to SF App Portal
- SF Community
When You’ll Hear from McCombs
- Decision Timeline
What You’ll Hear from McCombs
- A final decision on your application after a holistic evaluation
- Next steps on what to do.
UT Undergrads Can Earn Two Degrees in Five YearsUT undergrads have the opportunity to apply during their junior year to the MS degree program of their choice. The MS Bridge Program offers students enrollment for a Master of Science Program graduate degree while completing their undergraduate degree. Admission as a Bridge Student is highly competitive but includes a number of benefits.